Brief Introduction to Alibaba Cloud Linux OS
Table of Contents
- What is Alibaba Cloud Linux OS
- How to use
- Getting source
- Getting helps
1. What is Alibaba Cloud Linux OS
Alibaba Cloud Linux (a.k.a. Aliyun Linux) OS is an open-source Linux distribution originated by Alibaba Operating System team, aiming to deliver OS services with various functionality, high performance and stability to Alibaba Cloud Elastic Compute Service (ECS) customers.
Current released version is Alibaba Cloud Linux OS version 2, or known as ‘Aliyun Linux 2’, please refer to the release note for more details.
2. How to use
- Simply buy an ECS instance and get started: chs, eng;
- Or download an on-premise virtual machine image and run on your own QEMU/KVM virtualization system, instructions could be found via chs, eng.
3. Getting source
When running with an Alibaba Cloud Linux 2 OS, you should be able to fetch source RPMs via
yumdownloader tool (make sure you have
yum-utils package installed first):
sudo yum install -y yum-utils sudo yumdownloader --source <source package>
Meanwhile, you are free to fetch kernel source from Alibaba Cloud Linux Kernel project.
4. Getting Helps
To get helps when using Alibaba Cloud Linux OS, you can
- File a ticket if you are an Alibaba Cloud ECS customer;
- Join the mailing list discussions;
- Join the forum discussions;
- Send us an E-mail to email@example.com.
The registered trademark Linux® is used pursuant to a sublicense from the Linux Foundation, the exclusive licensee of Linus Torvalds, owner of the mark on a worldwide basis.